Last Modified: June 10, 2018
Collection of Personal and Organization/School Information
To license products from us and to establish an account, we collect your:
- Name, or the name of applicable contact at your school or school board;
- Business or organization name;
- School, organization or household address, depending on whether you are licensing Resources from us for a school, organization or household to use;
- Email address (which you agree to remain active during the duration of your license, or update us with any changes to your email address);
- Phone number;
- Comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or provide to us via email or on the Websites;
- IP address information to log account access;
- Websites statistics and analytics data collected by third-party software providers, such as Google Analytics, regarding your use of the Websites. For more information visit Google information page at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage; and
- All other information you elect to provide on our Websites or otherwise, including as part of the licensing process.
Credit Card and Payment Processing Companies
Our Websites may also collect credit card and payment information from you using online forms that direct the information to PayPal, our credit card and payment processor. While we do not store your credit card number ourselves, we may have access to your name, the name on the credit card, the credit card expiration date and other details via PayPal. Their additional terms of service and privacy policies may apply to the collection and use of your personal information. If you have questions regarding our use of PayPal, please contact us.
Providing us With the Personal Information of Someone Else
The Use of Your Personal Information
The collection of personal information may also be used to:
- Create your accounts on our Websites;
- Take reasonable measures to enforce our license terms, including our license restrictions and protect our copyrighted Resources;
- Identify the person, family or organization that has licensed Resources from us;
- Provide to third-party payment processors to facilitate payment, including PayPal Inc. and banks;
- Promote our Websites and product offerings to you in various forms of communication, including via email or mail. You may elect to unsubscribe from promotional offers at any time;
- Provide you with customer support on using the Websites or our Resources;
- Communicate with you about your account and our Resources;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- To meet legal requirements; and
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions of Use and License Agreement and applicable law.
Disclosure Pursuant to Court Order, Subpoena or Other Legal Process
We reserve the right to provide your content and information (including, but not limited to, your personal and organization information) uploaded or collected by our Websites to third parties if required by law (such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction), and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal or civil matter.
If we are required by law to make any disclosure of your content or personal or business information, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with written notice (to the extent permitted by law) prior to such disclosure so that you may take appropriate action.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share personal and organization information with our partners and employees to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which it was collected.
We also operate the Websites in conjunction with our independent contractors and third-party service providers. Our contractors and service providers may have access to, and store your personal information, in providing services to us or providing you with access to the Websites. We may use a variety of service providers, servers, online software providers and employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our business or the Websites is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED, AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. If you would like us to delete your personal information, please contact us.
PO Box # 30083
Our Websites may place a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. Disabling cookies on your web browser may interrupt the proper use of the Websites.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY AND CODE OF CONDUCT
Last Modified: June 10, 2018
You agree to use our Websites in accordance with the following acceptable use and code of conduct guidelines. You agree that you:
- Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, bullying, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive or abusive, that would violate another person’s rights (including their intellectual property rights), constitute or encourage a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law or regulation, or that is otherwise inappropriate;
- Will not disclose personally identifiable information belonging to others unless authorized to do so;
- Will not use the Websites in a way that has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; and
- Will not circumvent, disable, violate or otherwise interfere with any security related feature of the Websites.
We reserve the right to revise this policy, which will be posted on the Websites.